Skip to main content

Why Being Positive When You Are Declared Covid Positive Is Very Necessary

 

All of us like positive responses. We await positive verdicts on a variety of subjects. But when it comes down to a positive medical report, it throws us off guard.

When I was declared positive with Covid a few days back, I was shocked. I am vaccinated, I follow protocol, avoid crowds, but the sucker came for me!

My Indicators

I thought my symptoms were typical of regular flu – an occasional shiver, some fever. However, there were other symptoms - cold, tiredness, rash (which I get because of an allergy so I didn’t pay attention), tummy pain, and some coughing (once in a while). Since I have been tired and exhausted for a while, I put it down to a low immune system.

I had to get tested. And lo and behold the freaking results were positive. I wanted a negative verdict.

I was pissed. How could this happen to me! I take all the precautions necessary. I realised while I was careful I must have let my guard down. I cannot pinpoint for sure as to the carrier, but all that I can say is that while it is easy to blame someone it does not matter -  I got freaking Covid.

This virus disrupts lives so easily. Whoever coined this shit, has to pay for their evil.

Anyway…

Days pass me by all alone

It is now the fifth day from when the doctor made the diagnosis. However, the verdict would make today being the fourth day of me contracting Covid, Omicron, or whatever.

Think this Over

Here are my two bits – if you are in contact with someone who does not follow procedure, avoid them like the plague. If people do not socially distance themselves, sneeze and cough without being careful, or do not wear masks, leave the place.

If you are home-bound and still contract the virus stay safe and follow protocol. I believe that people who are callous with their behaviour and do not pay heed to the norms will spread the virus. Their not wearing masks can contribute to the reasons as to why there is such rapid spreading of the virus.

I also feel that while it is easier to presume that a cold is just a mere cold, is unrealistic especially in today’s times. That said, not everyone with a cold or sore throat will automatically be Covid positive. Or someone with a fever has Covid. A cough may not be Covid related. It could be an allergic cough, COPD, a smoker’s cough, or other medical reasons. Wisdom states that being vigilant is the need of the hour.

Isolated and Feeling Down in the Dumps?

I was advised not to get stressed out during quarantine. That is sound advice.  Being cooped up (isolated/quarantined) in one place without access to people you love, is the worst feeling possible. Not feeling the touch of someone you love, or being able to touch them, is such an alien concept to me. I cannot for the life of me imagine how the next few days are going to pan out. I will walk the talk and stay the course and pray that this disgusting bug gets out of my system.

And while we may wonder about getting vaccinated and still falling prey to the virus, do not overthink things. Follow the rule of the land, use your head, wear on the armor of God, and nip the evil virus out of your system.

From me to you darlings, until the next time. Muah! This is the best I can do, without being too touchy-feely now.

Xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

Search This Blog