Skip to main content

The Danger of Death Lurks

 

So, there are these people in my neighborhood who walk around without masks.

A couple of days ago, a neighbor walked toward me wanting to talk – she wasn’t wearing a mask. I moved away but told her that I would talk once she masks up. It did sound rude, but in my defense, it is better to be sensible rather than stupid. She looked at me like I was weird – that is her prerogative! She still moves about without a mask.

The situation is precarious with people I know falling prey to this evil virus. Many have lost their lives battling Covid, so therefore wearing a mask is simple math. The people who care for others and themselves will mask up, the rest will probably contribute to the spread. And I ponder over these vicissitudes.

Losing People

A friend battled the dreaded illness and after days passed away. Another friend of mine lost her young sister to the illness. The family doctor presumed it was just a viral infection. Eventually, she was hospitalized, put on a ventilator, intubated but lost the battle. We lost her to this awful disease. Large numbers of people are unable to get oxygen or even beds and the skyrocketing prices make it difficult to go to the hospital. 

Fear psychosis and the danger of death lurks. But covidiots still roam around without masks and do not follow protocol.

We are on lock-down here in Bangalore. We order online for our necessities primarily to avoid covidiots who do not practice social distancing or wear masks. Fines are slapped on people who disobey orders when they do not adhere to the timings during curfew.

We can attribute blame to how this damn pandemic came to be, and measures taken to curb the spread. I believe that it would make sense if fines are slapped on people irrespective of economic status for not wearing masks or social distancing. That may stop covidiots from spreading the muck.

While masking up is a necessity we have been told that the masks should be worn properly. The kinds of masks we use will work as deterrents. Some are 50% effective, some 75% and others are 80-90% effective. The idea is to wear it so that the nose and mouth are covered without any spores entering from any side. But some wear the masks under the chin or on top of their heads! Where is the sense in that I ponder over this vicissitude?

As life goes by abject despondently, will we beat this dreaded disease? Or are we reaching the end times? Take care and keep your hopes high and pray that this disgusting virus is done away with completely.

Wash your hands or sanitize. Practice social distancing. Wear a mask.

Xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog