Skip to main content

That Cute Butt

The fallacy that a man must be older than a woman in a relationship is pretty redundant in today’s time. But, I am pretty sure that there are many people out there who will disagree with my point of view, and so be it. My point - there comes a time in both a man and a woman’s life when being attracted to someone way younger is not alien. How about we dive into this paradigm, and quash all the myths of the older man younger woman versus the older woman younger man syndrome without making a big deal. 

Let’s, for the point of driving the nail home, suggest this scenario. A woman in her sixties, happily married notices a young man across the aisle while she shops, and is appreciative of his good looks. And why the heck not, yeah? Her children who are with her maybe mortified because they believe that their mother should not be … you know. However, if their father is with them, notices a pretty girl, and is appreciative of her, they may not blink. It is such BS in my book. Don’t you think? And double standards. A woman past her prime (whatever and whenever that may be) can certainly appreciate anyone she likes, without going the whole nine yards. 

So, I was talking to an elderly lady the other day, yes I have friends who are decades older than me. I enjoy my natter with them. They bring plenty to the table. Many a time their naughtiness makes me blush! Back to the story, she was grumbling about the old men in the area who annoy her. However, a young man who plays loud music doesn’t grate on her nerves! Mustering up courage, I enquired, why he did not make the cut. Her prompt response, you got to have a look at him! He is gorgeous! He pushes my buttons. I giggled and she was like – whoa why are you laughing? And I retorted, doesn’t rock music annoy you, and she replied unabashedly – was that rock music? It sounded lovely! Oh well. I let it ride. 

Now, I don’t talk to many old men, but there is this one gentleman in the neighbourhood - he is so rigid in his demeanour. He never looks up when he walks. He refrains from making eye contact with any woman who probably looks desirable, in his eyes. I was surprised the other days when I noticed him eye a lady who was bending down to pick up some apples that she dropped. The man had a gleam in his eyes. The amusing part was when he saw me. He changed tactics and walked slowly away without looking at her. That was so weird but I guess even the rigid man, does have a yen for a good booty! 

Okay, now that I have made my two bits known here, I guess it is easy to say, that both men and women do enjoy a thing of beauty. It is a joy forever! 

More later, darlings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Election Time - No Chance of Watching A Rerun For Sure

Just another day in the life of an average person who wants to watch a rerun of Friends but has to make do while flipping from NDTV, Tiranga, India Today, Times Now, Mirror Now, and the rest. I live in hope that I can watch my reruns again! Will have to wait for the 23rd! Okay, I get it, watching television is not everyone’s cuppa today, though many of us mere mortals still turn on the television to watch a program or the other, especially the news, at this point of time, with elections going full gusto. In my life, while I would love to watch reruns of old comedies, Mum watches the news. When I asked her the other day, why not watch WWF instead - I explained that it is way cooler than the mudslinging, she looked at me as if I had lost my mind. What can I say, Mother I replied. My thoughts were, aren’t we slowly losing the plot while getting drawn into debates? I avoided saying anything more, or I would have been drawn into a debate! We are gripped into this frenzy based on rhe

How Do I Say Goodbye

How Do I Say Goodbye?    You are God’s chosen one, watching me from above I wasn’t able to be with you during your most difficult time Mimi how I wish I can get back to that period when your illness was not prime What do I tell you, my sweet sister, except that I am shattered The last message you sent me was that you were coming back alive - that really mattered   This new normal is impossible to take I hold back tears and try to be strong, I feel so fake You know what I am going through, don’t you sweetheart? Coz you and I were never ever apart If I can just touch you for a mere minute the pain may disappear God knows best as I hold on to memories that are so dear You are my best friend, my confidant, my sparring partner Be free from pain darling girl, rest in peace I love you, and I always will          

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Search This Blog