Skip to main content

Stupidity Has Become a New Employer

When you have no way to contact anyone or receive calls because your money is over a little something from a kind supporter help.

You have a regular job, but the lockdown has you on tenterhooks. The office is still temporarily closed. The school that you teach at cannot pay you the salary you are entitled to, or your employer flat out refuses that s/he cannot pay you.

What is the next option?  

Supporters can tide you over for a while, but after that, what? Not everyone can help out.  Putting food on the table, paying EMI’s, utility bills, ways to stretch the notes, is a constant with no let-up around the corner.

None of us have a clue as to whether this pandemic will ease. And if it does, what is the new normal?

Educational institutions remain shut for obvious reasons. Transport is hit and it is the common person who has to face the brunt. Walking and using vehicles sparingly is the norm. Honesty, we don’t know if we will be able to fund ourselves if petrol prices increase too.

Most don’t know how to make it to the next month. Will we be able to get past the stage or dip into shrinking savings? We do all that we can to make sure that we earn something, anything. That is the only way forward.

I was extremely saddened to hear today that many teachers from small schools were ordered to conduct surveys. There are to provide details of the health of residents. The teachers went along with the order, for fear of losing their job. When they provided the information, they were informed that this was not a paid job, it was social service! They risk their lives going out into red zones, with just sanitizer and masks. No gloves (they have to purchase these add-ons). They have repeatedly asked for due compensation, but they get a stony silence. How blinking sick is this, eh?

Don’t get me started on the migrant issue. But I have to venture there because I have to rant, don’t I?! I am not going political here, I have no fondness or lack of love for any political party. All that I can say, is that these are the people who take care of us when we build and clean our homes, our workplace, wash our vehicles, and, and, and. The list goes on. But they walk in sad silence determined to get back home come what may. Their grit and determination along with blessings from above will see them through.  God be with them as they trudge along.

As I write today, I am bummed with the lack of work that is coming my way. My resources are slowly and surely depleting. Every little bit of money I make is being spent on necessities that were not important. So, therefore, while we have heard conspiracy theories about who is the cause and what contributed to the pandemic, all that I can think of and hope for is that this will come to an end, soon. We live in hope.

On the issue of the mask - I am at the boiling point. Why the heck don’t people wear masks in public? Is it so freaking difficult to don a piece of cloth to rid the populace of this sick virus? Or do people want it to mutate further? I seriously wonder. A person in my neighbourhood was an assistant headmistress, others are software professionals, call centre people, teachers, some administrative staff, marketing people, the elderly, and they venture out to buy something, from vendors. Many traipse outside for a walk, smoking! These covidiots egg along, with no care in the world. And the pièce de résistance, if they do wear a mask, it is under the chin! Get a grip folks, you need to cover up your freaking mouth and nose! Stupidity seems to have employed many people, reason hasn’t.  

When will this end? Will it end? I had the word pandemic, don’t you?

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Search This Blog