Skip to main content

Stupidity Has Become a New Employer

When you have no way to contact anyone or receive calls because your money is over a little something from a kind supporter help.

You have a regular job, but the lockdown has you on tenterhooks. The office is still temporarily closed. The school that you teach at cannot pay you the salary you are entitled to, or your employer flat out refuses that s/he cannot pay you.

What is the next option?  

Supporters can tide you over for a while, but after that, what? Not everyone can help out.  Putting food on the table, paying EMI’s, utility bills, ways to stretch the notes, is a constant with no let-up around the corner.

None of us have a clue as to whether this pandemic will ease. And if it does, what is the new normal?

Educational institutions remain shut for obvious reasons. Transport is hit and it is the common person who has to face the brunt. Walking and using vehicles sparingly is the norm. Honesty, we don’t know if we will be able to fund ourselves if petrol prices increase too.

Most don’t know how to make it to the next month. Will we be able to get past the stage or dip into shrinking savings? We do all that we can to make sure that we earn something, anything. That is the only way forward.

I was extremely saddened to hear today that many teachers from small schools were ordered to conduct surveys. There are to provide details of the health of residents. The teachers went along with the order, for fear of losing their job. When they provided the information, they were informed that this was not a paid job, it was social service! They risk their lives going out into red zones, with just sanitizer and masks. No gloves (they have to purchase these add-ons). They have repeatedly asked for due compensation, but they get a stony silence. How blinking sick is this, eh?

Don’t get me started on the migrant issue. But I have to venture there because I have to rant, don’t I?! I am not going political here, I have no fondness or lack of love for any political party. All that I can say, is that these are the people who take care of us when we build and clean our homes, our workplace, wash our vehicles, and, and, and. The list goes on. But they walk in sad silence determined to get back home come what may. Their grit and determination along with blessings from above will see them through.  God be with them as they trudge along.

As I write today, I am bummed with the lack of work that is coming my way. My resources are slowly and surely depleting. Every little bit of money I make is being spent on necessities that were not important. So, therefore, while we have heard conspiracy theories about who is the cause and what contributed to the pandemic, all that I can think of and hope for is that this will come to an end, soon. We live in hope.

On the issue of the mask - I am at the boiling point. Why the heck don’t people wear masks in public? Is it so freaking difficult to don a piece of cloth to rid the populace of this sick virus? Or do people want it to mutate further? I seriously wonder. A person in my neighbourhood was an assistant headmistress, others are software professionals, call centre people, teachers, some administrative staff, marketing people, the elderly, and they venture out to buy something, from vendors. Many traipse outside for a walk, smoking! These covidiots egg along, with no care in the world. And the pièce de résistance, if they do wear a mask, it is under the chin! Get a grip folks, you need to cover up your freaking mouth and nose! Stupidity seems to have employed many people, reason hasn’t.  

When will this end? Will it end? I had the word pandemic, don’t you?

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Election Time - No Chance of Watching A Rerun For Sure

Just another day in the life of an average person who wants to watch a rerun of Friends but has to make do while flipping from NDTV, Tiranga, India Today, Times Now, Mirror Now, and the rest. I live in hope that I can watch my reruns again! Will have to wait for the 23rd! Okay, I get it, watching television is not everyone’s cuppa today, though many of us mere mortals still turn on the television to watch a program or the other, especially the news, at this point of time, with elections going full gusto. In my life, while I would love to watch reruns of old comedies, Mum watches the news. When I asked her the other day, why not watch WWF instead - I explained that it is way cooler than the mudslinging, she looked at me as if I had lost my mind. What can I say, Mother I replied. My thoughts were, aren’t we slowly losing the plot while getting drawn into debates? I avoided saying anything more, or I would have been drawn into a debate! We are gripped into this frenzy based on rhe

Remote Rehab Watchers

What really annoys the sibling, are the soaps and serials I’m hooked onto. She’s like ‘why can’t you watch something informative instead of the usual jazz’ that I (supposedly) watch. What can I say - I’m a couch potato and love the title. She waits for a while and once she notices I am away from the remote she pounces and grabs it. I was too slow for that one! I hate this situation. Makes me feel so helpless, but I have to stay put otherwise you know the drill. She’ll fight and I will retort and cold shoulder treatment for a while. The poor sucker (the remote here) will have to face the wrath. I placate myself with the ‘anyway we have another television’ so I rush towards it and see the remote in the hands of the other sibling. I never win! But I have a new idea I will hide the remotes so that they don’t put me in this situation ever again. I wait for a suitable opportunity and hide them only feel two pairs of eyes watching me (like hawks). Why people are so sexist with the

Cheating

Why do people throw good relationships for a quick roll in the hay? This practice seems to be growing and practically every second person in a committed relationship doesn’t think twice about two timing his/her partner. However, when they are “found out” these individuals don’t think twice about promising the moon and once forgiven you can be pretty sure that they are gonna do (sic) the deed again and again. I think that once they go the entire hog, they just aren’t gonna curb their enthusiasm! Cheaters know their partners will relent no matter what. They preen themselves with having “won”! However, if a person cheats on me, I would tell the jerk to beat it. Rather be single, keep your dignity intact than stick with some douche bag. Not my cuppa … What about you my lovelies?

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Search This Blog