Skip to main content

Mansplaining Is Annoying, But Women Can Have The Last Laugh


I guess most of us women go through this on a daily basis.

On the global canvas mansplaining has become the norm, heck it has been the norm for centuries – we are just calling it like it is today!

Let's say, for instance, we want a facelift for the kitchen, most professionals roped in to do the job are men. I have no problem with that, but some of them do. While they are enthused that a woman wants a change in the kitchen, they expect the man of the house to show up and take over once the ‘suggestions’ have been noted. What a bunch of crock!

The chauvinistic ones believe that women cannot decisions because of limited testosterone. They mansplain terminologies, ever so slowly like women cannot comprehend fast enough! Some of them are torn between the face and the girls (read boobs) because, well that is a part of the process.

Based on suggestions, I offer some of my own. The annoyance on their faces because a woman is offering ideas is priceless. But they keep mum because at the end of the day, as long as they are paid handsomely, they tuck in their egos, but keep the snide comments going.

They enquire (again), for the man of the house hoping to get a good deal. In their limited opinion, men are the ones with the brains and can think in and out of the box. Oh well!

The details are provided slowly believing that as a woman, I cannot think fast or make rational decisions. Hey man, I am not always on my period or PMSing, and even if I am, I can still think, reason, cook, clean, calculate, work, play, have fun, eat, drink and everything else that men can do and more.

At present we have a wonderful team of professionals handling renovations at our place. They definitely put the MCP's in the shade.

An Opinion
I guess there are men, and there are men. Some like to mansplain, some do not. If you have been a victim of a mansplainer, ping me and let’s dish on these annoying MCPs

Later my lovelies.

XoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

Search This Blog