Skip to main content

The Hatred In Their Eyes

You wanted to talk
I listened to your verbal abuses
You only wanted to point fingers at me
Why did you pretend to like me?

I do not understand

You say I am at fault
But you do not state the reason
You believe lies about me
You do not let me speak
You have formed an opinion
Your prerogative of course

But, I do not understand

What is it that I have done?
Have I hurt you so much?
I go over every part of our conversations
Sift through them with a fine-toothed comb
I come up with nothing
I have gone through an internal cleanse
You know I never lie
Neither do I cheat
Neither do I want power
But you want my defeat
Why?

What is there such hatred in your eyes?

A misunderstanding, I hope
I want to sort it out
You will have nothing of it
Your mind is made up

You have a group with you
You have your following
Everyone tears me to shreds
No one hears my side
No one asks why
Do you even know that I cry?
But you do not care

Your common goal
Bring me down
Come what may
That is the group anthem
So you pray

Bring that bitch down
She needs to be beaten
Anything goes
Take your pick
Lies have become the truth

Friends turned foes
They hurt me
They belittle me
They ridicule me
They mock me
They scorn me
They hate me
They pounce on anything I do
Anything I say
Anything goes

I do not understand the hatred

When did it begin?
I was there all the time
You laughed with me
You used me
Why?

My eyes are open now
But I hurt
You want me gone
That is your solution

You have made your choice
I have made mine
You choose hatred
I choose love
Take it or leave it

Farewell my fair weather friends
I am done trying









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Search This Blog