Skip to main content

Politics in Church, Like Seriously?

Most of us like to wear the cloak of civility. Many of us like to appear to be whiter than snow. That is the public persona. Behind the mask, there are hidden qualities that we do not divulge for fear of being judged. At the same time, we do not even think twice about sullying the reputation of anyone just to prove a point.

Aligning with forces that speak the forked truth, seems an easier route. Since many of us, tend to be rather proud of our religiosity. Some even cry at forwards sent on social media. But, we do not think twice if someone is being wrongly accused.

Most often when people slander the reputation of another, they do so behind the screen. Some behind the back of the person and a good number even keep up the appearance of being friends with the individual(s) as they backbite.

Here are some questions that I pose asking you to think before you formulate an opinion. I speak in this context having been around a situation that has blown out of control in a choir group. Yes or no answers will suffice.

1. Are you slipping in your prayer life?
2. Do you believe that you follow the right path?
3. Have you always yearned to be acknowledged?
4. Does being a part of a prayer group make you feel good about yourself?
5. Are you always in a rush because you feel that you are made to be busy?
6. Do you feel that you are without sin?
7. Do you think that you and only you have the way forward in the methodology of bringing people together?
8. Do you have what it takes to understand the minds and hearts of everyone?
9. Do you sing for God?
10. Are you blinded by reasons beyond what you know deep down are incorrect?
11. Do you still want to join the road of discontent?
12. Do you choose to do what is right?
13. Do you ignore the negativity around you, even if you feel that people throw brickbats at you, anyway, anytime? Or would you prefer to be
on the other side?
14. Is it easier to side with hostile players rather than stand the path of the greater good?
15. Does herd mentality keep you going?
16. Do you read the Bible every day and digest what you read? Or do you interpret it to suit your needs?
17. Do you think you are right while the other person is wrong? Do you believe everyone who says so?
18. Do you have a mind of your own?
19. Do you want to be a peacemaker?
20. Are you here on earth to divide and conquer or are you here to be the glue that keeps good people together?
21. Do you believe everything that you read? Or do you think about it, analyze the content, and theorize the reason? Or have you formulated your own interpretation of the truth?
22. Do you gossip? Do you believe in gossip? Do you believe in slander?
23. Do you believe in right and wrong? Do you believe that there are shades of grey in between?
24. Are you a happy person?
25. Is something bringing you down?
26. Are you a jealous person?
27. Do you feel the need to be in the position of power?
28. Have you earned the post?
29. What makes you believe that you have the authority to speak about another person’s faults? Have you none of your own?
30. How do you define mudslinging?
31. How would you characterize someone with a spotless reputation? Do you believe that you should tear the person’s reputation to shreds
because the group says so?
32. Have you protested against someone in church? Was that the right call in a place of worship?
33. How would you feel if you were the person being torn to shreds?
34. How would you feel if no one stood by your side and fought for you?
35. How would you feel if people who said they were for you, turn around and choose negativity?
36. How would you feel if someone was to malign you, but you have no idea what you have done?
37. How would you feel if someone were to spread malicious information about you, without your knowledge?
38. How would you feel if you entertained people in your home, only to have them throw sticks and abuses at you?
39. Are you a God-fearing person?
40. Do you love the way God told us to love?
41. Do you believe in forgiveness?
42. Are you truly sorry for your sins?
43. Do you believe that only your method is correct?
44. Have you ever considered, maybe you are incorrect?
45. Finally, what makes you think that you are in the clear?

These are a few questions that we need to ask people who think they have an authority over us with their negativity. The people who shout themselves hoarse in the house of God just to make a point. The people who don black clothes to protest in church because they have not got their way. It seems that nothing will stop them, they want the top job. Their agenda - bring a good person down.

Also, one point to note never, and I mean never, become a part of the pack.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Search This Blog