Skip to main content

Chorus of Vipers


A woman came into a good space
She seemed quiet, unsure of herself…

Today, the woman has a bone to pick
She has quite a nasty tick
Ideas galore, upmanship is the play
Forming alliances she paves the way

Groups of discord on the cards
No care of the ramifications or the unkind barbs
The woman wants her pot of gold
Pooh-poohing the reasons of the simple code

The woman has the beast on her side
Groups enticed, join her with pride
Eventually, the group will fall
For now, they seem to be on the ball

The woman and her group of misfits stage a coup
The Innocent walked into their den without a clue
No underhand tricks did the Innocent use
The group was equipped, sowed their seed
The gang of evildoers has no care for simple math
They have created their own tone, a frenzied pact

Objectives clear, battle lines drawn
Any method suffices they say
Remove the Innocent is the only way
Explanations and reasons do not matter
The remains - a crazed glaze with unkempt chatter

The woman watches silently reveling at the chaos
Grins with evil at the Innocent’s loss
The plot she projects is so subtle
She let’s slip with her shrieks – so very brittle

The woman has evil written on her
The pact she made may take her far
Everyone will realize too late
They will ultimately pay the price and meet their fate

The Innocent is free from nasty words
She gets by
They clap and cheer, gleams in their beady eyes
The woman and the crowd have won the game
Their desire - a dose of fame

The Innocent is free from a devilish crowd
The Innocent will never be cowered
Go ahead have the last laugh, do a jig and dance
The Innocent is free, the crowd in a trance

The Innocent is free at last from the pact of haters
The evil master they serve will never clean their diapers

Get well soon you band of vipers
Get well soon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Search This Blog