Skip to main content

Those Creepy Crawlies

This thought that I put down here is not a pretty start to the New Year my darlings but I believe it is something to ponder over, and never stop.

Practically every woman who has walked down a crowed road has been at the mercy of hoots or faced a prod or a poke from an unsavory character. Many opine that it is because ‘she’ asked for it! I beg to differ here and have to state the obvious that that certain men/boys are plain uncouth.

Having heard shocking stories doing the rounds about a number of girls molested in our city, it is scary. How dare these characters think that they have the right to infringe on the modesty of a woman! Whatever gave them the power to behave the way they did/do? If they think that they have got away with it because they were part of the crowd, they need to examine their conscience and think again. Whether they like it or not, the wheels of justice will hit them where it hurts sometime, after all what goes around…

I, as a woman, who is by no means a feminist, cannot fathom why these boorish people get away with molestation and even rape. It is ridiculous that they take it upon themselves to cup a feel whenever they want while guffawing along the way with shady mates. How in the world are they going to stand for it when female members in their clan face the same pawing and creepiness? Perhaps they may put it down to the fault of their mothers, aunts, sisters, cousins, relatives, spouses because of their dress and chastise them? Alternatively, would they rationalize that females in their families will have to face the same humiliation because they chose to party instead of staying put at home and ‘behaving’?

Okay, we get it, this phenomenon does not occur once a year. How can it, when brazen louts have the gall to vent their pent up frustration on unsuspecting babies and the female species. I recall reading sometime ago where a rapist claimed that he had to because his wife was pregnant! Many married men do not bat an eyelid when they rape their spouses and if the woman cries rape, he will not be taken to task, ergo he gets away with the deed.

Oh dear, we females have it bad, don’t we? No matter what we do, we are screwed (literally and figuratively). I suppose the only way out of this mess, is that these characters need to be disciplined in the strictest way possible. Let’s face it, these creeps get away with their jollies while girls and women cannot get over the humiliation and the trauma.

We debate this issue indefinitely but the fact of the matter remains that the woman, invariably is judged from all quarters. The sad part is that creeps do not think twice when they violate; it is their unique selling point (for want of a different set of words here). Anyone who has been at the receiving end of abuse will know that there is nothing to stop a person from taking advantage of you. I suppose one way forward to get over the pain, humiliation and hurt is to let these sleeping dogs (true that) lie. Down the line, they will meet their just rewards.

XO darlings… XO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog