Skip to main content

Set the Pace



So, I was sitting at this happening restaurant, about to dive into this delicious meal and in pops in someone who I never wanted to see, ever. Unfortunately, she caught my eye and I had to acknowledge her. She was someone who always borrowed something or the other from me in the past. I learned my lesson the hard way, not only with her but with a couple of other ungrateful creeps over the years. Anyway, a friend and I who I hadn’t met for a while, wanted to try out this new place. I knew however that this parasite would shimmy over and wangle an invitation. Acknowledge her I did, as one would out of courtesy, but she came over with hugs and expected the same enthusiastic response. I managed to end the unwanted embrace and not one for taking a hint, she looked with glee at my plate and before I could say anything, she put her dirty fingers in and dug away at my lovely lamb chops. I never invited her - she just plonked down, called the waiter and placed her order. She kept talking and eating away at my meal while I looked disgustedly at her, as did my friend. When he could not take any more, he picked up my purse, dragged me out of there, said goodbye for the two of us and left. She was still eating the chops. She picked up quick that we were leaving her, only to have her follow us and asked to borrow money! We ignored her, paid our share of the bill at the counter and left.

Does this sound familiar to you my darlings? Has anything similar happened to you? Did you manage to get yourself out of the tricky situation? Many people believe it is their right to ask. All that I can say is that you do not need to help a person who never repays the debt. Think about it, anyone who is in need all the time is no friend of yours or someone you need to help. A sponger is not someone you need to hang out with...The only solution is to pack and run as fast as you can.

Xo…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

Search This Blog