Skip to main content

Immense Frustration



Our country that is noted for its beauty and splendor also has a bevy of problems to deal with. One of the foremost ‘runners’ in this race for a claim to fame is the garbage menace. No matter what we do there is hardly any let up to this ridiculousness. You call someone to handle the issue which may get addressed immediately but after a while apathy sets in and they forget to collect. Or they do and people still litter or urinate or defecate anywhere….

The other annoying issue is the problem with power outages, limited flow of electricity, a current problem or whatever you call it. No matter what you try to do to beat the issue by waking up early or doing things well into the night, there is no let up. A generator may be a solution to the problem but the issue is the noise and fuel to charge things up. The next best thing to do is opt for a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) device or inverter or battery back up to set things right. Unfortunately what is a total bummer here is the heavy duty equipment at home like the fridge, microwave, iron, geyser or the quintessential oven may tip the scale. Needless to say, if one would like to make use of these appliances it would require some rewiring or an increase in the load of the battery operated device. At the end of the day, it is literally each man for himself with a hope that someone in authority with wake up and smell the burnt offerings.

There are innumerable issues that can be illustrated to diss our framework but that is not the idea. The bone of disharmony is the lack of concern that quite literally stares us in the face with no possibility of a let up anywhere close. Let me relate a little incident – woke up early today to beat the power outage, got the cake mix going and bang the power went off (again). As I sit here and thump away waiting for some cheer in this festive season, all I can hear is the keyboard groaning with my fury (UPS to the rescue once again). Therefore, does the constant chant of ‘are we like this only’ going to be a constant or is there going to be any let up?

We debate across the board about which government would be ideal to tackle the woes, but seriously I don’t understand who is going to set things right. As a friend mentioned sometime ago – and I quote ‘give it up there is no point’ unquote. All that I can say is that we need people in office to literally get down to brass tacks right away coz this is extremely annoying to say the least. Agree with me dahlings?

Xo…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog