Skip to main content

After the Cookie Crumbles

When we got out of a bad situation people applauded. But the same set of people looked away while we were going through shit. Guess that is the way the cookie crumbles. We win some and lose some. Different set of rules for different situations. Some are with us and some aren’t. Personally, I prefer the ones who stayed away (they were never missed). The ones who suck up after things settle down with their pearls of wisdom are so damn annoying. All I want to do is tell them to bugger off. And believe me I do, and so should you me dahlings.

Another set of people are the ones who think that they are friends of yours because of a common denominator. Adding a friend on a social networking site may appear cool. But in reality, the ones who friended you earlier, ignore you in real time. I have been a recipient of these social graces where people who are a part of this so called friendship circle pretend that they haven’t seen me. I have fumed in the past, ranted and raved, but realized that this is the way life is. After all, there was no one with me while I was hurting, so why should they be with me while I am happy?

Another one that strikes me as being plain rude are people who have come over to our place, enjoyed our hospitality but ignore us in public. Shame on you! These individuals (who are a part of a certain circle) deem it fit to endorse that that they have rubble in their eyes or are plain blind. I was with a relative the other day and lo and behold the same thing happened. I was yakking away on the phone so didn’t care. But what stopped these people from acknowledging the lady I was with, eh? They had a meal with her a couple of weeks ago, enjoyed intelligent conversation, blah blah…but ignored her nonetheless. These very people swear that they follow religious teachings to the letter. They go to every peace march, rally for a cause (among a trusted network mind you), endorse charitable work, take part in spiritual activities, act concerned all the time, etc. But when they have to put their money where their mouths are – they are gone in 60 seconds!

Hey guys, I am not saying that I am any different. I am pretty similar – because people have made me this way. I have learned and have come out of this experience a doctor of sorts having earned a PhD in the practice of avoidance. I have braved the wrath of a select crowd by ignoring them. I choose to live life on my own terms. I accept friend requests from people who are actually friends. I eliminate those who do not matter, have not mattered and will not matter. In the long run, I have fought the fight, continue to do so and get on with a fun filled life away from nit picking and back biting.

At the end of it all, getting to know the adversary really pays. You know me dahlings, you know it – because you have also been a recipient of this award. Or perhaps you endorse this behavior. Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is to figure out if you want to be a part of this racket or not. What I mean by ‘this’ is simple – if people do not want to be with you, great. Move on. If they want to be with you, that is also great. The ones who matter are always going to be with you anyway. There is nothing sweeter than a life of serenity and calm without nasty folk in your network. Be brave and move on to a life of happy ever after with fun, fortune and fortitude. These three ‘F’s’ always win. F the rest!

Profoundly yours…

XoXo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog