Skip to main content

A Scary Crime Called Rape

There is much being said about rape and everyone has an opinion. A fact that one cannot dispute is the trauma that a victim has to face for the rest of her life. No matter what the case may be she is often ostracized for no fault of hers. Many a time people find themselves pregnant after this heinous crime and have to face nine months of hell. What do they do, should they love the child whose parent they loathe, give the child up for adoption or face shame in a public domain? I am not endorsing abortion here, this is not the case. All I say is while the child growing in the womb is innocent, the lady or young girl has to face pressure for a crime that was committed on her. There are plenty of people who endorse that this is an act of God. But that is not at all right because God does not encourage filth! This is encouraged by the evil one. God however, does not like the idea of getting rid of an innocent child. Having said this however, what does a victim do in such circumstances? Have the child or not?

Having to move on after a hate crime is the worst thing possible. There is no one out there who can stand and testify to your situation. We have people in public spaces who do not think twice about citing reasons that the woman is to blame. Pray then, what can you say - you people of such ‘good character’ to the criminals who rape babies, young children and senior citizens? The death penalty is being promoted by many and to others castration and to many more a harsh life sentence for rapists. The bottom line is a rapist is a menace to society. We hear that many of the people who commit the crimes are not registered offenders. That is a fact isn’t it? They get away with their crimes because women or kids are scared to report the crime. The children don’t even know what has happened! There are many reasons (some say) that encourages men to go out there to do the sick deed. Vulgar content in songs, porn, movies with ridiculous themes, skimpy shows, etc., have been considered to egg sickos on. Is this a fact or does it stem from a deep rooted problem with certain men? It is high time people rejoice at the birth of a baby girl instead of cursing her. The mindset must be changed by everyone irrespective of caste, gender, religion, class and geographical area.

Being scared to go out in case something happens is in the mind of many girls and women today. And with cases being reported every day one will think twice before venturing out. We hope and pray that stricter laws will work for the fairer sex in our motherland. We the women of the nation hope that people will take us seriously and implement a law that brings the culprits to book. In sum, when they commit the crime, they just have to do the time. Plain and simple!

Comments

Unknown said…
so true.....wish these people remember that they have mothers and sisters and accordingly treat other women with respect...
Manuel Dominick said…
it is a painful issue to discuss ~~ only reflects the animistic society that we had created with all our education.. and technology ~~ unless individuals change and transform ~~ mass consciousness cannot change, was mentioning to someone recently.. Upbringing is at fault.. parents have to be blamed by and large to have brought up animals instead of children / youth ~~ Mothers are to take a responsible role in bringing up their siblings.. as she is the first one who the child is in touch with as it enters into this world of trauma ~~ time for change !!
Cannot agree with you more Manuel.

Popular posts from this blog

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog