Skip to main content

Know Where to Go

I woke up this morning to an incessant drone of dogs barking. Glanced out of the window and saw a group of boys who looked absolutely bored, but appeared that they did not want to leave. I guess they preferred the outdoors rather than getting back home, I thought. The dogs continued their barking but stopped after a while. The boys were still there. I suppose both the animals and humans were used to each other's presence! Got me thinking, imagine how sad it is for people who have no place at home where they feel loved, wanted, needed, accepted, respected, etc. When the place that one is supposed to feel safe and carefree is not an option, what else is there to look forward to at the end of the day?

A home is where the heart is – an oft repeated chant that people sprout. But when the place is just that a place, what more can one expect? Parents expect too much from their children and vice versa. Couples face a breakdown in communication because of the incessant work drawl or pressure and choose an easy way out … citing deadlines. Grown up kids prefer the option of getting high outdoors, hanging out with friends, new buddies, instead of going back to their safe place. Rather sad state of affairs when all levels of communication get broken down and there is nowhere else to go but a road of bitter or worse.

Taking the bull by the horns to get rid of the blur of confusion and settling situations maybe a suitable option, but there aren’t many who actually want to get their hands messy. An intervention, maybe suggested by the fair one in the group, to try and sort out the disturbance! While this does work almost 40% of the time, subjective criticism has never worked in the long run. Taking sides is predominantly a factor whereby parents or siblings start fencing. Where is the solution to this gaping hole of discontent and reprehensible ‘freedom’?

The next step is to seek the ‘guidance’ from the learned few that come over with their mental arithmetic and start off with their facts and figures so that they get their pound of flesh after the session. When this draws a blank the sparring folk try other approaches as suggested by networked accomplices. Families who want to settle issues go the mile in employing whoever may come their way in weaving their wands. But what happens to the ones that have called it quits? Do they still travel the road and get the situation ironed out so that there is no blood on the floor? Perhaps the litmus test is when people try to get things in order and work towards a solution. The going may not be as peachy as they want but talking always gets the story sorted…or not

When a relationship sours, all the parties involved prefer throwing in the towel to end the meaningless sparring. Can one do this among siblings, family or is it just a done deal with couples? There are siblings who have never spoken for years on end and do not feel the need to keep in touch with the estranged relative. Trying to poke your nose among this group of individuals will never get one anywhere because of the deep rooted angst. At times families have even believed that the reason why there is a breakdown in communication is because of people ‘casting a bad eye’ on them. This may be true, but at the end of the day, when a difference of opinion is blown out of proportion among the protagonists … can it be an outsiders fault?

While we can try and analyze the need to mend fences and create an air of camaraderie - everyone involved must be on the same page. While the arrogant may not accept the other’s point of view… one must realize that trying to win over a supercilious individual may take time, but if it is worth it… then by all means try. However, if there is an irretrievable breakdown in communication and there is no let up, opting out of the race to desecrate is a choice? Right!?

Laziness is an easy way out – according to some. However, I believe it makes sense to opt out of the frying pan so that you never get burned…again!

What say me lovelies?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Search This Blog