Skip to main content

The Slim Side of Being Plus Sized


The upside about being plus sized is that you can eat anything that you choose, reveling in the fact that food never talks back or down to you!

But the downside

1. Self confidence takes a beating
2. Butt (sic) end of people’s jokes
3. Friends, peer group, colleagues even relatives avoid you
4. Tend to repeat clothes – the ones that still fit
5. Loose clothing takes over the wardrobe
6. Pastries and everything tasty is way yummier than ever before
7. The darn jeans have lost the stretch factor
8. You are not the chosen one anymore in your professional / personal space
9. Evaluate the credit card bill and realize that practically every payment made is at an eatery, supermarket or pharmacy
10. Blood pressure sky rockets, arteries are clogged, movements are slow, edema is at an all time high, hair is limp, skin shows signs of bad eating habits, etc.
11. All-in-all a doctor’s delight but a nightmare for you

Then.....

Time to cut the flab....

Get fit and thin is the new mantra

1. Enroll in a snazzy gym after doing a recce to check out people with a similar frame
2. Puff and pant following the egging on by the trainer
3. Knock out all the foods you love as instructed by the Dietitian – include salads, soups, white meat, limit salt and sugar intake, etc.
4. Your weight loss is noticed by everyone and you are back on the social map
5. However, the stubborn fat refuses to budge
6. Decide to move on to a more “scientific approach” of losing weight
7. Seek a specialist and get a procedure done but... nada...
8. Irritated and disillusioned you decide to stop unnecessary spending and practice the old fashioned method of walking
9. Keep this up for a while and realize that while there is no major change you are now exhibiting a healthy glow
10. Throw out the old clothes, get a makeover and pamper the new you…
11. Acceptance

Maintenance

1. Keep track of the daily eating pattern
2. Enjoy the occasional junk food
3. Follow the steps to the “T”
4. You revel in shopping and keep up with the trends
5. You are now more outgoing

One fine day on a splurge fest with a group of friends you tuck into the best meal ever after such a long time…..slurp … that was gooooooooood!

.........................

You're screwed!



Comments

Gisale said…
lmfao so weird literally i try and fail every time

Popular posts from this blog

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog