Skip to main content

To Judge or Not ....?

I am not a proponent of anti God activities – au contraire I try to follow a narrow path.  However, there are so many ideals and thoughts that are being shoved down our throats that I am rather confused about what people are trying to get across.  A couple of months ago I happened to meet someone who does not believe in religious segregation. Hearing the individual chalk out various aspects pertaining to the why’s and why not's I was brought back to reality.  Jesus came to save everyone not just a few.  It is a few of us who follow Him.  But in the bargain, we get blindsided in trying to get our points out there by force feeding many to convert to our belief.  Christianity is love and force feeding is not the idea.  If we love God and follow His Commandments then we are on the right track.  However, prejudice across various hues is not right.

So back to the enlightened person I met.  He is of the opinion that we live in one world and we need to endorse this so that equal privileges are allotted to everyone. But who can follow this road?  I happened to watch a program on telly a couple of days ago and saw a ‘devout’ person sitting on the dais incorporating mass hypnotism.  It was really amusing watching people move about like they were puppets!  I guess we are like lost sheep and when we notice someone wielding a wand we believe that we are reformed and follow the leader with blind faith.  

Sometime back there was a well known preacher who visited our city.  I was advised by practically everyone I knew against this as they considered the individual to be a fraud.  Now there is a part of me that hasn’t got rid of the rebellious streak and it tends to get out when I am told “not to do” something.  So instead of following the many who claimed fraud, I decided to go there and attend the worship gathering.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised and felt nice after attending the meet.  No doubt the helicopter drop on the pulpit made a great entrance and got the crowd clapping… but all in all, it was a nice show.  Yeah I call it a show because that is what it seemed like.  However, to give the man his due, the meeting was peaceful and the audience calm and prayerful. 

With many people opting for same sex unions, we the straight ones take it upon ourselves in denying these individuals a right to live.  But who gave us the right to judge anyway?  By condemning people because they do not fit in doesn’t constitute that they are going down.  What makes us - the ‘righteous’ many think that we are going to heaven anyways?  Only God knows that.  If this post strikes you that I am endorsing this form of life, heck no, far from it. 

So I guess what we are trying to seek here is the way to God - the staircase that leads us to heaven.  Along the way, we make mistakes. While all of us slip along the way, how can we sit in judgment about another human being and ostracize them because of xyz.  Live and let live.  Accept and we will be accepted.  Judge and you will be judged.   Look before you leap, think before you speak… try and try until we achieve a spotless glow. 

What do you think me darlings? To accept or not to accept that is the question isn’t it?

XoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog