Skip to main content

Over a Cup of Coffee

So having watched a couple of episodes of KWK (Koffee with Karan), must say this season is turning out to be rather interesting. The one that I enjoyed was with Sonam and Deepika. That was candidness at its best – they said it like it is. Way to go ladies! However, the it couple (Saifeena) were a tad tanda in their responses but they do make a lovely couple. Though from the papers today guess the response from another star is gonna bring on the cat war. All over a little cuppa that they don’t even sip! Guess we (the viewers) need our fill of time-pass too what with crime stories doing the rounds across most of the channels.

Got to catch the action in Big Boss house yesterday – man that Dolly is a character. Dunno if she was really ill or faking it. However, if she is sick hope she gets better coz being ill when your loved ones aren’t around is really scary. You must be wondering why I waste time on this reality stuff - what can I say but “time-pass yaar”! But when she was ousted (yeah I did catch a look-see) the place was pretty boring. Guess she does bring on the viewers and the TRP’s.

Masterchef with Akshay as the host is another lackluster show. Really wish they had a professional chef like MC Australia. Talking about this, I really get what Kareena said on KWK (though not about PC per se). I cannot understand why some of us dispense with our desi accents the minute we are in the company of a foreigner. Never hear any one of them dropping theirs!

Moving on…with Christmas drawing near and all of us in a tizzy about the new duds, I look around and see poverty all over the place. While some of us are so particular about the brands that we must have, there are so many out there who haven't had a basic meal or even a blanket to keep them warm in this freeze zone. Extremely sad……

Closing down here me lovelies with the hope that I can spread the cheer, bring warmth and a smile to everyone with no disparity whatsoever.

XoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog