Skip to main content

Sex and the Single Woman

Some spiel about the life of a single woman in a metro.

“There are so many nice men around” and “Happy ever after does happen you know” is something that I keep hearing from my friends. They are bent out of shape (most are in shape really) to get me hitched. The mere thought of walking down the aisle and playing house is so darn frightening that all I want to do is run a mile. I have been trying to get them to back off but they want to have it their way. Their will power when it comes to talent is simply amazing! Whew and here I thought I had recruitment under my thumb (they sure give me a run for my money).

I hear about the well heeled guy across the globe, happening single men, a well endowed (uh uh) man in our desi shores, a foreigner who wants to marry an Indian, an equal opportunity(?) partner, a romantic with kids after a messy divorce, a widower, the list is endless. I listen. I receive pictures. Some have written, called even and asked me out. But what can I say – I have commitment issues!

With the first time being lovesick and in a state of denial, the thought of a ring on my finger at this point feels like a noose. So I let on ever so gently with the gang to let me be, I kinda like my life this way. Celibacy has its charms you know. In shock they pledge an allegiance of eradicating this endorsement of mine with the ‘come on you still have it’ look! Who doesn’t I ask? But no one obliges. So I bring it on with “Are you guys worried that I may latch on to your spouses or what?"

“No way” they retort – “then what is your problem” I say?

The “pitfalls of a sexless life brings about these problems”

Weight gain
Stress
Bad sleep patterns (thought this happens when coitus occurs I ask – and receive a dirty look)
Hormonal imbalance
Hair loss (new one this)

All in all – I think they have been reading my blog. Good friends these – but way off base. Yeah sex is wonderful and all that, but I have to be in the mood I tell them. Darn it girl get in the mood is what they spew. So I have decided to take their advice. Or should I?

Celibacy has its charms after all…

Can wax my legs when I want
No giving into primal urges from the spouse
All the ‘facts’ mentioned above are myths – not proven
Keep my body to myself clean and pure
When I put on weight can just pull in the stomach not a soul will notice (seriously?)
Answerable to no one but myself
Also third base may result in an unwanted pregnancy

They don’t go for this. Instead they sit among themselves and make notes. This is what they tell me :

“The reason why you are so crabby: no amorous activities!”

“But but but…. I am not ….”

“See you are doing it again!”

“What?”

“Getting hot and bothered! Crabby!”

Instead of walking into the trap they lay out for me I bow down gracefully and hope that I manage to get a ticket and go on that long overdue holiday. Better keep mum about my plans though……

XoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

Search This Blog