Skip to main content

Meandering

Have been following major reviews of the Hindi flick Dabangg and I really wanna watch the movie on the big screen. Dunno why really coz I’m not a fan of Salman, but you have to hand it to him, he is a crowd puller! Read some of his tweets and the man says it like it is, no tamasha just plain old fact. Rather strange given all the others who follow the PR centric replies – guess that’s why many of us just like his laid back ways. Sure SRK & Amir are great and all, but this guy is a different kettle of fish really. So gonna watch this …

More about movies…. TV serials. Just cannot get enough of Gary Unmarried. Jay Mohr is way talented and his comic timing is great; along with Paula Marshal they are a riot really, don’t you agree? Good old ribbing and fun unlimited. Hope we get to watch many more seasons! With Friends - no matter how many re-runs are broadcast daily, it is worth watching and repeating the dialogues. No doubt this really annoys the older folk, but then when the remote is my hand, you just gotta put up with it! When the season of Criminal Minds ended we were like, what is gonna happen next? Shemar Moore is just wow, but we do watch the serial for the content too! Brothers and Sisters an all time favorite is in a league of its own with the acting from the entire cast wonderful – no OTT here. Hope our desi television actors learn a thing or two from these folk. Emotional Atyachar seems rather interesting dealing with cheating partners… don’t think I would do this though. But hats off to the people who do! I think that if your partner is cheating, confront the person and if it is worth it work on the relationship, otherwise run!

Don’t wanna ramble, gonna exit here… said my piece, made my peace and well, have to catch some shut eye. Yay! Love the weather, so conducive to everything relaxing and then um…the other stuff. Till next time my sweets… XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Search This Blog