Skip to main content

A Lil Bit of This and That

Read this piece a short while ago that a drama queen is gonna play agony aunt. OMG – have we plain lost it, or what? Imagine you are in a fix (with your personal life up the pole) - you need help but cannot approach a counselor/shrink for reasons best known to you. What is the solution? Write/call in to the celeb agony aunt who can iron out your problems! Sure, all of us have had our ups and downs but it is appropriate to seek the help of a professional counselor. Graduate in the science people before donning the role play. Please!

Having got that outta the way, well am mighty glad that a certain actor seems to have found his match! Sad that the seasoned actor does not have it in his heart to forgive and forget old press releases… tsk tsk. Darn, this is what we read in our news nowadays. So thought I would drop this down on you too my lovelies… and throw in some humor in for good measure.

Fever has reached a crazed pitch here in our city. Practically everyone is plagued with a cough, cold, body pain, headaches, dengue, etc… Weird bug doing the rounds I think, and the sister thinks that I am the bug coz I cannot stop annoying her. WTF! The doc’s constant is a pill here and there and we follow the route. Wonder if the computer needs a booster shot as well, huh? Seems to be festering with the stubby fingers tapping away…Sanitizer here I come!

Long weekend… With today being a holiday and all well, time to catch up on some well deserved sleep I think. However, I would rather potter around with the little one and get some cakes baking, coz when kids are on holiday, time to get the creative cooking juices going full gusto! Nigella is the hot favourite and with her easy to bake recipes – no brainer here, I’m going the easy route! Thanks TLC!
It’s raining like crazy now, can hear the yelping to bring in the clotheshorse… Gotta go me lovelies… More spiel later, when I have the inclination… and uh the time. Same place!

Comments

Jenny Pinto said…
Mad as usual Yas. Love your blog! Keep up the great work girl!
Sean Gopalan said…
Riot. Write more kid. Way to go!
Thanks guys. Love it that you are reading the stuff I'm dishing out. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

Search This Blog