Skip to main content

Ditch Rudeness....Part 2

Having had a number of conversations today over the article I had posted yesterday, I was requested to write more about this with the hope that people will try and be the change that we so crave in others. After a series of discussions about undignified behavior that many of us tend to display across situations, don’t you think we need to give it some thought before we go all the way and reduce ourselves to being an impolite statistic?

I would also like to bring into focus something that Rose mentioned; perhaps we need to attend to this in the way we interact with our domestic help. Having come across so many articles in the news over the years it is shocking to say the least about how some of the so called educated few thrash their maids, pour scalding oil on their bodies, ignore their basic needs, do not pay their wages…etc etc… their woes are endless. Pathetic isn’t it? Of course there are many maids who do take us for a ride as well, not going here with this, perhaps another time when we all get together and crib. Lol!

Moving along to another area : there are plenty of us who believe that we can cut a person mid sentence on the telephone or across the sitting arena. Sure if you have a stalker then so be it cut the line but otherwise courtesy goes a long way. Should you receive a call from an irritating caller demanding your time for their sale try to give the person a second and excuse yourself with a “I’m rather busy now”… or “the offer though interesting does not meet with my demand at present” … or “sorry to interrupt, but I would not want to waste your time, I’m not interested in the product, thanks for calling”….. This would leave you and the caller in a better frame of mind instead of arrogant rudeness that may take center stage.

Sure you are in the middle of a meeting or at a public function then frankly do not answer the call or a polite ‘I’m rather busy now, can you call back” would do. How about while talking animatedly to someone and you are cut off by the other person? Perhaps their phone needs charging, or the power has gone off, or a meeting or whatever… a plain I’m sorry later would suffice. But nope many individuals just do not believe in these social niceties …. I say forget it, drop the jerk - not worth your penny in salt.

There are so many instances that we come across in life don’t we? There are many times when people frankly ignore you because you do not meet with their social dynamic. It really is awful as it leaves the other person whose been dealt with this behavior feel terrible and a need to retaliate surfaces. Or people decide to oust you from something that you long for… or or or… the list is endless.

Rudeness is a form of power play that some people like to resort to. Frankly don’t let anyone rile you and fall into their trap……

Comments

Terez said…
Good points to keep in mind. Rudeness burns bridges. We might think we are getting a pushy person off our backs by rudely telling them to go away. We may, in fact, be burning a connection that could further the interests of our business. Politeness is a way to maintain a charismatic online presence.
John Makin said…
When one responds to anothers actions it places them in control. They have elicited a particular response by their actions. You are following their agenda.
Do not react, let their interruptions pass by, be yourself.
Take control.
That is very true John. Ignoring a rude individual is much better. Why join the club?

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog