Skip to main content

An Online Space

With so many people taking to Twitter, Facebook, blogging, and other social networking sites, I decide that it is high time I upgrade my status to something a little more current. Taking a cue from the savvy millions, I create an online avatar on the world-wide-web. Start tweeting, blogging, get onto social networking sites, and and and….the list is endless. Virtual reality has its advantages: no traffic snarls, wear anything-whose checking you out anyways (unless the webcam is on of course), chat away to your heart’s content with a person who has befriended you across the globe, anything. I thump away with the fingers doing a little jig of their own, tap tap tapping away on the keyboard. This is a new high (anything new gets all the attention you see) and I go on and on.

After a couple of weeks huddled over the comp, I flex my fingers and notice that they seem to have created an identity of their own – are those claws there? O crap! Taking a break from my many friends, go out and breathe in the fresh air, meet people, actually grab a coffee outside (a far cry from the constant cups of iced tea I enjoy in my little space), and realize that I can have the best of both worlds. Can’t be a misfit anywhere, can I? Both mediums are fun. Life’s way too short to limit myself to one element - two can be a party!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

All the World's a Page

I had posted this in LI sometime back and wanted to share this with you as well. Here goes..... All the World's a Page You have been in my thoughts of late The sentiment is weary But never did I give it a care I just believed that you would be there. It’s plain and simple, I suppose That this is the end Our love never got a chance It just brought about this eerie dance. So when you lie awake at night And maybe think of me Remember, we had it good But now you have changed the mood. So farewell my old page It’s time for me to go away To a place of quiet and gentle surroundings Where love does not enjoy this play.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

Search This Blog