Skip to main content

Offbeat Perhaps

This time around have decided to write about something rather offbeat, hope that’s o.k. with you? Having come across varied thought patterns across the spectrum, I would like to bring you up to speed on my take of the anger quotient. This is my copy write (yeah pun intended). Warning:not for the fainthearted!

How do we get angry (talking verbal here people)

Well there is no sure fire way here. No rules to this one. Just follow the emotions and you are good to go

Once you reach the ideal, stay put and don’t let your guard down. Ever!

Having established your reason for the emotive subject, your objective is to keep on at it, go on give into it and never cease

Rant and rave and frankly go with the flow. Any form of destructive behavior will do. Don’t give up the fight.

Remember the idea is to outweigh your opponent verbally and any ranting and raving is acceptable!

So why did you get angry?

After the initial outburst, can’t be bothered about how you reached here, you just have that’s all

But wonder…

After some form of introspection (your way – no shrink here) you berate yourself with the why’s, can’t believe I did that, language was atrocious, wonder if I will ever change stuff

Then there is a lull… Calm before the storm perhaps?

Realization

Okay so you realize you are a wise ass

Stupid even, to give into such inane behavior because of reasons that were frankly bizarre and not worth the effort

You then try to diffuse the situation by sucking up to all and sundry - people who were at the receiving end of your tirades and then some

Doesn’t seem to work since they are onto you

Begin to get annoyed and decide that the way to ease your conscience is transference

Inform the ‘perpetrators’ that it was their fault in the first place, blah blah blah… Guess you know now why people don’t buy into your apologies

So who’s buying this?

Having crossed these stages, who is frankly buying this crap? Are you? Nah!

Silent treatment (from you) takes center stage. Probably better to be quiet, you reason with your inner demons, keep silent = friends, mouth on over drive = loneliness

The idea is to ignore the tell tale signs and frankly continue being selfish, but some inner voice gets to you

You then have mixed feelings and start internalizing them, being let down, feel sorry for yourself, cry, cry cry….

Time to eat humble pie.

Your Step Program

Make a check list and get a number of self help books, watch programs pertaining to this evil – don’t want to be a statistic

Rehab out of the question – not you, never, you don’t need that

Join a group either online or an outreach and meet like minded people wanting to make the change

Enjoy the interactive sessions and feel positive for the first time in your life… new beginnings

There is a sudden spring in your step. Old irritations do appear but you channelize your energy towards positive issues

Enroll in various groups, charities, programs, study further even, whatever gets you out of your stupor.

Good Going

Having completed the program that you created for yourself, you are now ready to move on to new pastures, get involved, make a fried, have a relationship, smell the roses, give back to society, whatever…

Tiny steps. You are good to go

Don’t give up is the motto–be strong and brave the tide

Your achievement is noticed and lauded and you are now the new page three delight. Everyone and anyone wants to be you, with you. Values your opinion even.

Preen with the accolades and pat yourself on your back for good behavior & encourage people to change and live life to their fullest

Traffic snarls, noise pollution, delinquent behavior, irritating calls, etc don’t annoy you anymore

You fought the fight went the distance and the frequent flier miles have brought you to this place of peace, calm & serenity.

In Conclusion

You now realize that rage was nipped in the bud with your choice to travel another route. You have achieved the ultimate and acknowledge that one does get annoyed, heck angry even, but in moderation. Bring on the bubbly for you have earned it! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog