Skip to main content

Today

Wouldn’t want to bore you with me ranting and raving about the unending water hassle that we are experiencing, so will move on from here.

Spoke with a lady earlier today, poor thing had a mastectomy a couple of months ago on one breast to eradicate all traces of the cancer cells. Now she seems to be plagued with eczema as well and her leg is rather bad. Really hope that she gets back on her feet and back to her normal self. Get well soon!

My rather close friend has moved to another city and I so miss her. We used to chat practically every day on the phone - land line mind you coz she just hates the cell and doesn’t like to chat online as well. Miss you!

Have been advised to take a break from the computer with carpel tunnel syndrome rearing its attack yet again. Just when we think we have a good thing going other tunnel appears. Pah! However, under the advice of a wise and learned relative have been attending to this irritation with Epsom salts, warming up the inflamed area and it seems to be letting up. Good or what?

The neighbor’s dog is kinda letting up with the incessant barking and you guessed it, peace and quiet. Here’s hoping it’s gonna be this way for some time now! One can live in hope, yeah?

Comments

panipuri said…
barking dogs seldom bite, or maybe they let up cos they go thru the carpel tunnel!!!

bow!! WOW!!?
Kaushik Khaund said…
Hey Yasmin, that was quite an interesting news decathlon! From water crisis to sobering down of someone's hormones (the neighbour or the dog's).
Keep writing is all I will say. I enjoyed this. Cheers!K

P.S. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - only cure is - put your hands to more than only one use!!
P.P.S. I thought Epson made printers - among other things - so can't be very sure!
Hi Kaushik, Thanks for your comments on the articles. Epsom salts are good for treating minor sprains and bruises among other ailments. Was not referring to the Epson printer, just Epsom salts aka magnesium sulfate in the article. Hope this clarifies? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Chill Out with Your Mom? Can You Add Her To Your Facebook List of Friends?

Whoever said that you couldn’t be friends with your Mom is probably thinking old school mother. I am certainly no teenager, neither am I in my 20’s but getting closer to dotage (uh uh). Over the years, however, I noticed that my Mom was one of the coolest Mom’s in school, college, while I worked, in between relationships and when my marital cord snapped. Let me let on how cool she was and has been through the years. When I had my first crush – she was very disappointed, and rightly so, though at the time I was angry that my secret was out. Here was her youngest with a boyfriend, and in her teens! It was hard for her to digest this since none of the older siblings went down this road. When she found out, all hell broke loose, she screamed at me, stopped me from going out, but she also stood by me. The boyfriend went away as did the friends’ circle. She never left my side, and held me while I sobbed away because he was my one true love (at the time). Ah, the throes of the first dabble...

Narrow Path

When I look at your arms on the cross stretched wide Your eyes filled with love encouraging us to drop the divide But no matter which way we trudge You love everyone without even the slightest grudge. Temptations all around enticing us with its wares How do we ignore these pangs and stop its glares? Many ridicule us because of the road we follow Help us set an example and travel the path of straight and narrow.

Beginning of the End?

A short story here... Just read and let me know what you think? I haven't concluded the story just going with the flow. The erratic nature of the power supply left the entire city in the lurch and this seemed to be a frequent occurrence. In spite of pleadings to curb global warming people paid no heed to the warnings and this brought about the swarm …. The beginning was when the entire country was wiped out in darkness and stampedes all over going on well into the night. Headlights of passing vehicles were the only source of light as generators were giving way because of the scarcity of fuel available. Every living being was being held hostage because of the “no power and no water” adage. No rainfall = less electricity = no water = no produce = malnutrition. The crops were in a mess, pets were getting crazed, and livestock was dropping dead by the minute. Drought was at an all time high. Neighboring countries pitched in, but this deluge was gaining momentum across cou...

Will We Change?

The tears, sorrow and pain on His face we ignore Pretense with - that’s a picture, are you so sure? Nonchalance is the stand that we take When will we change and stop this act of fake? He was born to a simple innocent virgin called Mary And His foster father Joseph a poor carpenter Something that we could never ever do It is so difficult because we so love this zoo! At the chosen time when he gathered His disciples together to join Him By His example they embraced His commandment When questioned about this by the learned many He simply replied 'love one another' is the best of plenty. Joining the people, scholars and clergy at a general place He taught them simple parables many did not embrace The idea was to get Him out of the way To pave a road to riches and make their day. They plotted and planned and chose the easiest betrayer Who kissed Jesus his Master, The Savior Thirty pieces of silver was their solution The end result a conscience - a rope so in...

I Was Born Female

How many times do we have to read about babies, women and senior citizens getting raped to take notice? Will there be any solution to this depravity? Here is a little something that I wrote, please let us do a rethink about the way we are with one another and actually listen when people talk. There are times when people cannot speak their mind because of a terrible incident. They are in despair and feel hopeless. With today being Women's Day everyone has something or the other to say about the so called weaker sex. But damn it, when there is nothing being done and babies are getting gang raped, what is happening? I spoke the truth No one listened I spoke sense They scoffed I reasoned They pretended I tried again I whispered the truth No one listened I spoke again They sniggered I pleaded They looked away I tried again Met the same fate I took to the streets Got publicity I was noticed I was heard What was my crime? I was born female I was raped My att...

Search This Blog